For my photography project I have been assigned to firstly research into different photographers and there photography style. I looked into 3 different photographers and 3 different photography styles and wrote about them.
Then we went on a photoshoot around the local town and took photos which fit into these four different categories: Advertisement/ Promotional, Architectural shots, Portraiture and Fine art. I then went on to analyse these photos and I looked into elements like: Content, Form, Mood and Technique. After I analysed my practice photos I then went on to start the main part of the assignment.
Before I could go out and take my pictures, I had to complete a Statement of Intent and a Risk Assessment. The Statement of Intent explained what the objective of my final images was going to be. I chose to base my photoshoot around the style of nature/ landscape. I chose to do Nature/ landscape because this style of photography appeals to me and I find the images a camera can capture of Nature/ Landscape fascinating. It was important for me to complete a Risk Assessment because I needed to asses and be aware of the dangers that I could come across during my photoshoot and how I could overcome these.
Then I had to take 50 high standard photographs which are either in the landscape or nature category. I put all 50 pictures onto a contact sheet. This makes it easier for my teacher to look at all of the pictures I have taken to check that they match my Statement of Intent. After this I had to narrow down the amount of pictures I took to 10 by choosing the ones I prefer. Then I narrowed it down again to 5 and had to edit them on Photoshop. I did some colour corrections because some of my pictures were dark and didn’t look good with the content in the picture. I changed the colours of different objects in the photograph to make one particular object standout. In another photograph I made the grass greener and the sky bluer to make the picture seem bright, fresh and look slightly like a painting. Another edit I done made the sea look dark blue and the waves look very white. This added more depth to the picture and made the waves stand out and seem vigorous. When I finished editing the pictures I had to upload these to blogger. Along with all of the other work I had to complete.
No comments:
Post a Comment